VEGETARIAN | CAN BE DAIRY-FREE*
Time from start to finish: 5 minutes
Difficulty level: easy peasy
Forget what you’ve been told — avocado toast is a girl’s best friend. Need a filling breakfast? Avocado toast. Something healthy to hold you over between lunch and dinner? Avocado toast. Small dinner when you’re feeling especially lazy?
(wait for it…)
From a nutritional standpoint, it’s great for any of those situations. As long as you’re using a nutrient-dense bread, you’ll get a healthy dose of fiber and healthy fats that will keep you full. Toast + avocado = great.
To add some magic (with very little effort), try this topping combo: feta cheese, raw honey, and lime juice. This little combination has everything your mouth wants: The feta is tangy, the honey is sweet, the lime juice is zesty… If you aren’t salivating at the thought of that, you might want to get your mouth checked.
To make this a more substantial meal, just throw a fried egg on top for some protein.
- 1 avocado
- 2 pieces of bread (I like sprouted grain bread from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta* (exclude for dairy-free)
- juice of 1 lime
- raw honey
- sea salt
- optional: bee pollen (learn more here)
- Toast the bread to your desired level of toastiness.
- Cut your avocado in half, removing the seed with a knife.
- Squish half of the avocado onto each of the toasts.
- Use a fork to spread the avocado around.
- Sprinkle some feta on top of each toast, then drizzle honey all over it.
- Squeeze lime juice on top of each toast.
- Take a bite — add a little salt if you’d like.
What do you like on your avocado toast? Comment below.