So this is love…. mmmmmmm…. so this is what makes life divine….
Here are the steps: hit a button (preheat oven), play food legos (stack foods on top of each other), stick in oven (stick in oven), and eat. To clean up: stick plates in the dishwasher, then pour yourself a glass of wine/water/bourbon/tea/whatever-floats-your-goat. You’re done!
- Aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
- 2 6 oz. pieces of salmon (wild caught is best)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 package of broccolini or asparagus
- 4 tbsp. butter* (replace butter with ghee for Whole30)
- Sea salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice your lemon, rinse your broccolini/asparagus and cut the ends off.
- On a large piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper, lay down half the broccolini/asparagus, alternating pieces so some of the florets are facing one way and some are facing the other way. Put the salmon on top of that. Lay 2-3 slices of lemon on top of the salmon. Put 2 tablespoons of butter on top of that. Sprinkle generously with sea salt and pepper. Fold the rest of the foil/paper over this stack, creating a sealed pouch. Repeat with the other half of the ingredients.
- Place the 2 pouches on a cookie sheet and place in the oven. After 25ish minutes, open one pouch and check the doneness of the salmon. Make it how you like it.
- Empty the contents of the pouch onto a plate. Or eat it straight. Do you booboo. Enjoy.