VEGETARIAN | GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE | PALEO | WHOLE30
Time from start to finish: 30 minutes
Difficulty level: easy peasy
One of my closest friends and (what luck!) co-workers got me hooked on Mel Joulwan’s (of Well Fed) Sunrise Spice. I’ve used it on lots of things, but there’s something about the sweet, spiced flavor that pairs beautifully with roasted cauliflower and coconut oil.
Mix up a jar of this spice mix and use it on pork, chicken, or even in your eggs. The original recipe (below) makes 1/4 cup — which will make two batches of this delicious roasted cauliflower. I can’t imagine it would be anything but wonderful on some spiralized sweet potato fries either.
If you don’t have some of these spices, use this as an opportunity to expand your spice rack. Kroger usually has fairly inexpensive spices. Probably the most obscure one in the mix, marjoram, is also included in jamie’s not-too-buffalo wings (which you owe it to yourself to make). Enjoy!
Sunrise Spice Mix:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground marjoram
- 1 teaspoon coarse (granulated) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2-3 tbsp. sunrise spice
- 2-3 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large bowl (or gallon-sized Ziploc bag), combine your coconut oil and sunrise spice. Add the cauliflower and toss it around, coating it evenly.
- Spread the cauliflower out on a cookie sheet and bake until fork-tender and crisp on the outside (about 15-20 minutes).